Option #2: Applying a Compensation Strategy Paper
Considering the materials and research on compensation and strategy you have completed over the last two week, this assignment requests students to review/analyze the various forms of pay structures available to an organization, and the impact of that pay structure on the workplace. In your research paper, address the following:
- Write a brief profile of the organization you will be discussing in this paper, including the number of employees, revenues/income, mission, vision, and strategic objectives (if available).
- Present 3-5 types/forms of pay an organization should consider when adopting the pay structure.
- Compare and contrast these forms of pay structures related to when they should be used.
- Finally, assess how to determine the effectiveness of each specific pay approach (in other words, how is employee performance or productivity determined when utilizing each pay type/form).
- Write a 3-5 page paper, or about 1100 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. (Links to an external site.)
- Include a formal works cited page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least two scholarly references and can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.
- The paper must be formatted correctly using APA style.
- Submit your paper using the submit assignment button in the Critical Thinking folder.