- Chapter 7 discusses situational awareness. Much of the security efforts of the past have been centered around prevention and protection. The increasing sophistication of cyber attacks have shown that no controls are 100% effective, and some compromises do occur. There is a rising realization that in addition to considering prevention and protection, controls that address detection and response are necessary to improve security posture. Please describe how situational awareness is a driver for detection and response controls.
To complete this assignment, you must do the following:
A) Create a new thread. As indicated above, describe how situational awareness is a driver for detection and response controls. B) Select AT LEAST 3 other students’ threads and post substantive comments on those threads. Your comments should extend the conversation started with the thread.
ALL original posts and comments must be substantive. (I’m looking for about a paragraph – not just “I agree.”)
- Your final research paper assignment is to write a research paper that explains how defense-in-depth (chapter 6) and awareness (chapter 10) are complimentary techniques to detect emerging threats and strengthen countermeasures. To complete this assignment, upload a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) that contains your complete paper. Remember that your list of sources must be in APA format, and you MUST cite your reference in the body of the paper using APA in-text citation format. A source is any paper or article that you will reference in your paper. If you need more information on APA format (for references list AND in-text citations), visit this reference: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01… assignment must be YOUR OWN WORK! This is an individual assignment. Plagiarism detected in your work will result in a grade of zero for the entire paper. Here are a few details about the overall research paper Please look at the attached rubric for details on how the paper will be graded. You must reference two (2) peer-reviewed articles or papers that support your thesis statement. One of these papers may be from your annotated bibliography assignment. The final paper must be at least 500 words in length. (DO NOT exceed 500 words by a material amount. Excessive words or too many references will NOT impress me.) So in summary, here are the research paper requirements:
- 2 peer reviewed resources (articles or papers) (1 may be from your annotated bibliography assignment)
- Paper MUST address: How defense-in-depth (chapter 6) and awareness (chapter 10) are complimentary techniques to detect emerging threats and strengthen countermeasures
- Cited sources must directly support your paper (i.e. not incidental references)
- At least 500 words in length (but NOT longer than 1000 words)
If you are not sure how to identify peer reviewed papers or articles, please visit the following resources:http://diy.library.oregonstate.edu/using-google-sc…