Explain how enterprise risk management is or is not different from basic risk management.
PLEASE USE THIS
Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Mem. Hosp. 323 F.2d 959 (4th Cir. 1963) and the opinion of Sobeloff, Chief Judge. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1448322/
The case is a good example of how federal laws came into play in the affairs of state action.
- At what level of the judicial court system did this legal opinion occur?
- What was the opinion of the lower court that was finally overturned in Simkins?
- Explain at least one the federal laws that was highlighted in Simkins v. Moses H. Cone .
- How did the federal law play a role in deciding this case?
- Identify and discuss the Constitutional amendments and issues in the case.
- Explain why the case was limited in its reach.
- Identify the federal official and agency that finally extended the cases’ ruling and how the cases’ outcome spread across the Nation.
- Read the blog “Basic Health Access”; Is the Institutes of Medicine Waking Up? (February 22, 2013) http://basichealthaccess.blogspot.com/ Discuss why you think that Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Mem. Hospital makes or fails to make a big difference in decreasing health inequities?
Part II( 2 PAGES )
PLEASE THE REFERENCE BELOW TO answer the following:
The Purpose and Goals Of Risk Management. May 19, 2010 – Risk Management in the Health care Setting. http://www.slideshare.net/Msfent1/the-purpose-and-goals-of-risk-management-4159859
The Role of Risk Management in Healthcare Operations. Sharon Hall (October 2010) Parker, Smith & Feek. http://www.psfinc.com/press/the-role-of-risk-management-in-healthcare-operations
Bromiley, Philip, et al. “Enterprise Risk Management: Review, Critique, and Research Directions.” Long Range Planning 48.4 (2015).
Pekkinen, L. and Aaltonen, K. (2015) Risk Management in Project Networks: An Information Processing View. Technology and Investment, 6, 52-62.
- Explain how enterprise risk management is or is not different from basic risk management.
- Give one example of each and how to negate the risk.