Please can you do this Unit 5 Discussion 1 & 2? $30.00 Due (SUNDAY) 8/05/2018.
Unit 5 Discussion 1
Key Elements of Family Counseling and Cultural Factors
Based on this unit’s readings, define the following key elements of family systems theories. Then, compare how they might be expressed in families from two different cultures, with specific examples:
· Boundaries: What are they, and why are they important?
· Symptom maintenance: What is symptom maintenance, and why is it important to consider in counseling children?
· Attribution of meaning: What is meant by attributing meaning to a child’s or an adolescent’s behavior?
· Family rules: How would you define this, and why is it important when working with children and adolescents?
Use APA style to cite and reference at least two sources from this Unit’s assigned readings.
· Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
· APA Style and Format.
Unit 5 Discussion 2
Using Family Theories to Create Treatment Goals
For this discussion, you will practice analyzing a case and using the DSM to develop a differential diagnosis, and then selecting a family systems theory as the framework for establishing treatment goals.
Read Joanne and Reggie’s Case Study below, based on Shaw and Ingoldsby’s “Children of Divorce” (1999). In your initial post:
· Briefly analyze the micro (intra-individual and closest relationships and contexts) and macro (broader context) perspectives of how individual, family, community, societal, and cultural factors are affecting Reggie, Joanne’s son.
· Use the DSM to develop a tentative diagnosis for Reggie, Joanne’s son.
· Identify one of the three family systems approaches examined in this unit that you can apply to the case. Explain why you think it is appropriate for this case.
· Develop one long-term and two short-term treatment goals, based on the family systems theory you chose, with accompanying interventions.
· Explain your rationale for selecting each goal, and describe how the interventions you selected will help create change toward the goal.
Use APA style to cite and reference at least two sources from this Unit’s assigned readings. Your post should be between 250–500 words.
Joanne and Reggie