he challenges for families who attempt to get care for their adult children who are experiencing a mental
YOUTUBE : Minds on the Edge, Facing Metal Illness
After watching this documentary in its entirety (about 56 minutes), write your response in three well-developed paragraphs, about 5-6 sentences in length, logging your thoughts about the following:
- 1. The challenges for families who attempt to get care for their adult children who are experiencing a mental health crisis
- 2. What is wrong with the mental health system of care in the U. S., what you think needs correcting, and how
- 3. The strength and resilience of persons with chronic and severe mental illness
- 4. What you anticipate that you might do as a social worker on behalf of future clients and their families facing a crisis of severe mental illness
- 5. Any other person or factor that impressed you about the film
The assignment is in the body but there is an attachment to look at as well to help along the process
After reading this week’s assigned material, write a 4-5 page paper reviewing at least three of the career counseling theories highlighted in Chapters 2 and 3 of the Niles and Harris-Bowlsbey (2012) text. Conduct further research on each of the theories you select (see the research criteria section below for clarification on appropriate resources). You will need to utilize at least five sources in addition to the course textbook. Address the following:
- What are the key elements of each theory?
- Are the theories universal or would they be more effective with specific populations?
- What would you identify as the strengths and weaknesses of each?
- Apply one of the theories to your own career development.
- What role do you see this theory playing in assisting clients with their unique career needs?