This assignment is aligned with the module objective “Demonstrate community assessments and apply the principles of epidemiology.” As part of the written assignment, you will complete the following tasks:
- Identify one health problem you believe to be the most prevalent in your community. You may want to check with your local health department or a community health nurse. Also consider researching the morbidity/mortality rates health problems in your community. School nurses and are an excellent resource person to contact.
- Analyze the problem using Milio’s framework for prevention from the module 1 readings (Chapter three in your text, pp 41)
- Choose one of your nursing diagnoses and describe how your identified community health problem applies.
- Consult Healthy People 2020 to find the national goals that are closely related to your chosen diagnosis (p.90)
- One long-term goal, minimum of three short-term goals and Intervention(s) (p.89)
Due Date: Sun, Jan 28 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 6th edition formatting, citations and references. Click here to download the Microsoft Word APA 6th edition template. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 6th edition book as well before submitting the assignment.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a mini