NR506 Healthcare Policy
Week 7 Assignment: Summary of Healthcare Concern Presentation Guidelines and Rubric
The purpose of this assignment is to provide a summary of the presentation to the elected official, report on the response/outcome and to propose future strategies for the continued advocacy of the selected healthcare concern. The presentation to the elected official is required and must be either a face to face or phone presentation. Communication of your presentation will be via a PowerPoint™ presentation to be shared with peers and faculty.
1. Overview of healthcare policy in the nursing profession: This section provides an overview of healthcare policy advocacy as it relates to advanced practice. It should contain the following elements:
· Day/time of meeting
4. Self-reflection: This section provides an opportunity to self-reflect upon the healthcare concern, the proposed solution, and presentation to the elected official. It should contain the following elements:
· Identify the new insights you have gained regarding your selected healthcare concern
5. Future plans regarding selected healthcare concern: This section provides an opportunity to discuss way to foster ongoing or future advocacy regarding the selected healthcare concern and proposed resolution. It should contain the following elements:
2. Title slide, text slides and reference slide (s) must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
5. Required textbook for this course, dictionary and Chamberlain College of Nursing lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. For additional assistance regarding scholarly nursing references, please see “What is a scholarly source” located in the Course Resources tab. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided. References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them prior to submission of the assignment.
8. Rules regarding PowerPoint™ presentations are to be followed. This includes but not limited to the presentation of information with limited text, use of graphics, and balance of space on the slide.
NR506 HealthCare Policy