nyanya only 37
Hello Nyanya! I am currently taking a class in HLTH245 – Principals of Reimbursement Management. The assignmentis due July 16th. Can you help me? I’ll attach the requirements for Week 2. If your able to help in this assignment, let me know and I’ll forward the rest of the assignments for Week 3 – 5. Thank you in advance!
Week 2 Introduction: Cryptology is the technology of making and breaking codes and ciphers. While this science might be effective if you are writing computer programs for the National Security Administration (NSA) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), it hardly makes sense to be cryptic in the world of healthcare. In healthcare we use coding classification systems to designate principle and secondary diagnosis, and procedure codes. This week, you have the opportunity to compare and contrast ICD-9 and ICD-10 classification systems as well as dissect a medical encounter form. Week 2 Objectives: Compare and contrast medical classification coding systems and Analyze ease of use for encounter forms.
Written Assignment – Encounter Form
Many forms comprise the document set used in medical billing. The Encounter form can be either paper or electronic. It is used to summarize billing information for a patient visit, including the diagnoses and procedures. Alternate names for the Encounter form are super bills, charge slips, or routing slips.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Obtain an Encounter form from a local physician’s office, chiropractic office, outpatient healthcare facility, or Internet source
- Comply with HIPAA standards and do not bring in a form which has been filled with patient information
With this in mind,
Develop a 1-2 page APA paper, not including title page and references. Analyze the form to determine:
- Is it easy to understand?
- Is it usable for the office staff?
- Is it complete or do additions/deletions need to be made?
- Does it contain the necessary fields to gather enough information to complete a claim form?
- Are any of the ICD-9, CPT or HCPCS codes familiar?
Submit to the Written Assignments section of the Learning Hub by Day 7.