OEDIPUS BY SOPHOCLES TO RESEARCH.
READ OEDIPUS BY SOPHOCLES TO RESEARCH.
- Due by SUNDAY (JUNE 16, 2018) at 11:59 PM
- Design a Power Point with visual images to introduce the play.
- DESIGN a POWERPOINT with 10 slides.
- POWER POINT MUST BE CONSTRUCTED WITH 10 SLIDES
- Slides MUST include:
- Images of THE SELECTED PLAY/PLAYWRIGHT (1 slide)
- Biographical information on the playwright: BIRTH, EARLY LIFE, EDUCATION, FAME? (1 slide)
- Images of the PLAYWRIGHT’S NATIVE COUNTRY (HOW DOES THIS COUNTRY REFLECT THE PLAY?) (at least 1 slide)
- Images that represent the play: Be creative…include a narrative of the play and images that reflect the story of the play. Be creative and have fun— you can use modern images to tell the story. (at least 5 slides)
- THIS MUST BE SLIDE 9: GIVE YOUR OPINION IF THE PROTAGONIST IS JUSTIFIED IN THEIR ACTIONS.
Is Oedipus justified for his final act?
And if YES or NO give 2 reasons why you believe so FROM THE TEXT!
- SLIDE 10: WORKS CITED INCLUDE ALL URL’S YOU USED IN YOUR RESEARCH
- Be creative! Add video/songs from You Tube! THIS DISCUSSION IS NO LESS THAN 300 WORDS AND APA FORMAT.
Social and Cultural Capital
When trying to comprehend the persistence of racial and ethnic inequality, social scientists find it useful to think in terms of social and cultural capital. French sociologist Pierre Bourdieu popularized the terms social and cultural capital to refer to assets that are not necessarily economic but have an impact on economic capital for one’s family and future. Less cultural and social capital are passed on through generations which can make it difficult to overcome deficits. Racial and ethnic minorities reproduce disadvantage while Whites are more likely to reproduce privilege.
Please read pages 245-247 in your text and view the videos provided in the assignment. In your essay this week, respond to the following:
- Define cultural and social capital and provide examples.
- Describe why White Americans are less likely to be concerned with social and cultural capital.
- How important do you find social and cultural capital to your family and future?