Application: Applying Career Ethics in Practice
In this week’s discussion forum, you compared the current NCDA ethical standards with the ethical standards most closely associated with your discipline (either ACA or APA). In this Application assignment, you will apply this knowledge to your future work with clients.
To prepare for this assignment:
· Review the chapter on Ethics from the course textbook, along with the current NCDA Code of Ethics and the Code of Ethics most closely associated with your discipline (ACA or APA).
· Recall the material you developed in your Week 1 Application on the topic of self-assessments.
· Consider the type of clients you might work with who might present with issues related to career.
The assignment: (1–2 pages)
· Create a “mock” client that you can describe in one paragraph, including the client’s current goals, resources, and their Self-Directed Search (SDS) type code.
· Discuss how you as a counselor would ethically work with this client, including administration of and follow-up steps after the SDS.
· Include specific relevant ethical standards from t