review the Healthy People 2020 initiative. Pay close attention to the objectives, goals and the indicators.
FLORIDA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
RN TO BSN PROGRAM
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING LAB
PROF. E. CRUZ, RN MSN
1. Go to http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx and review the Healthy People 2020 initiative. Pay close attention to the objectives, goals and the indicators.
2. Using your city or county public health department identify an epidemiological and surveillance data related to population based communicable illnesses described in table 5-1 page 72 of our class text book. Besides the illnesses describe you can also choose influenza or any other illnesses that are currently affecting your community.
3. Once you have chosen your topics you must send me an e-mail telling me what illnesses you choose.
4. Choose 3 population based communicable illness and prepare an analysis discussing how this 3-communicable illness affect your community and how they were identified and a plan of action to contained them base on healthy people 2020.
5. Presentation must be in APA format word document, Arial 12 font attach to the forum/thread in the assignment tab and turnitin with a minimum of 1000 words (excluding first and references page) with a minimum of 3 evidence based references (excluding the class textbook) no older than 5 years are required. The assignment must include the zip code of the city or county chosen. Follow the APA example paper that was sent to you at the beginning of the course for guidance. Make sure references are use according to APA guidelines and electronic references must be from reliable sources such as CDC. Once again, the assignment will be posted in turnitin under the tab epidemiology assignment to verify originality and on the discussion tab of the blackboard under forum/thread epidemiology assignment. You are posting the assignment twice but only you will receive one grade.
6. Assignment is due in the discussion tab of the blackboard for discussion and in turnitin for grading Saturday, September 22, 2018 @ 11:59 PM.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via FNU email.