technology changing business
How Technology is Changing the Face of Business Today
The traditional retail model has focused on finding high-margin, high-volume products or services because limited space means reduced space inventory. For example, organizations such as Walmart select the biggest hits from the broadest genres, called the “short head.” The short head means Walmart will only carry a select mix of country, pop, and rock that is calculated to provide the greatest cost/benefit. The business model of Amazon is different. Amazon provides the short head but also provides the “long tail” of more than 100,000 different audio selections. The competition for customers between the Walmart and Amazon marketplace is profoundly changing the face of retail business today.
Using the assigned reading and the Argosy University online library resources, find at least three scholarly articles that address similar current trends related to e-business and how e-business is changing the face of businesses today.
Using your company or a real-world example from your research, respond to the following:
- Describe how technology is changing the face of businesses today.
- Describe the most critical business processes that utilize information systems in your selected company.
- Explain how IT makes the company’s business processes faster, cheaper, more accurate, and customer-savvy than that of competitors.
- Cite at least three sources found in your online library research.
Give reasons and examples from your research to support your responses.
Write your response in approximately of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
By Monday, July 1, 2013, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, July 3, 2013, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider the following:
- Examine if their examples adequately demonstrate how technology is changing the way businesses work today and explain why or why not.