Assignment 1: LASA 2: Training and InterventioN Program
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL STEPS AND MEET ALL GRADING CRITERIA REQUIEREMENTS
The value of a good assess
ment comes from the ability to conceptualize a situation and provide some language and a vehicle to promote change. Too many times in treatment, an assessment is completed as a task of the first few sessions and then left in the chart never to be reviewed again. This is a mistake, and good practice includes a constant review and update to the assessment as well as a plan of action.
Using the assessment that you completed for the LASA 1 in M3: Assignment 2, you will be able topractice making a difference in a child’s life by creating a training and intervention program for the adults in that child’s life.
- Write a summary assessment of the case study to be handed out in the school meeting with the family and professionals. This summary should include the following:
- Background information about the child, explaining his or her behavior and the current situation
- Possible determinates of the stated behaviors focusing on the family
- Possible determinates of the stated behaviors focusing on the school
- Create a presentation, with detailed speaker notes, to train the parents and school personnel to better understand the socialization of this particular child and to create a training and intervention program for both parents and school personnel. The presentation should provide research support from at least two peer-reviewed articles and include the following:
- Separate title and reference slides.