week 10 paper
Assume that you are the HR Manager at a university. You want to create a way to recognize employee contributions in the Admissions Office. Determining the methods to motivate employees to enroll new students has been challenging. However, you are now being pressured by top management to reach admission goals. Employee participation in pay-related decisions could be part of a general move toward employee empowerment. Employees have hands-on knowledge about the kinds of behavior that can help the organization to perform well. Consider ways that you would attempt to meet the admission goals.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with fifteen to twenty (15-20) slides in which you:
- As the HR manager, propose two (2) methods that you will use to determine incentive pay. Explain if the rewards are tailored towards individual, group, and / or company performance. Explain how you as the HR manager will create an incentive pay program that will motivate employees.
- The balanced-score card approach is useful in designing executive pay. Propose three (3) measures the HR manager can use to assess shareholder value, customer value, and employee value.
- As the HR manager, analyze two (2) difficulties in creating a benefits package that motivates employees.
- As the HR manager, propose three (3) incentives that can be used to motivate employees.
- As the HR manager, examine two (2) ethical risks of making incentive pay a large portion of employees’ total compensation. Propose two (2) suggestions as to how the company could balance or reduce these risks.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the influences on and various approaches to compensation.
- Analyze issues related to developing and implementing employee benefit packages.
- Apply relevant theories and knowledge to human resource practices in organizations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management foundations.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management foundations using proper writing mechanics.