Complete the following using the attached instructions:
- Choose one of the articles attached to the class activities section; and
- Write 1 journal article summary
- Write 1 video summary based on the YouTube selection: Descriptive, Correlational and Experimental Studies
- YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbK6g10a-c
Instructions for developing the “Journal Article” summary – minimum one page
Modified by Dr. Serita Kelsey 5-16-2018
The format of your journal article summary will depend on the article. However, all peer reviewed research articles share the same or very similar components. When preparing to draft your summary, use the key process elements in noted below by including each one in your summary. As a result, your summary will be formatted as follows:
Key Process Elements:
Overview: Include a statement, followed by information for each of the process elements indicated below.
- Reason for Writing:
What is the importance of the research? Why would a reader be interested in this work?
What problem does this work attempt to solve? What is the scope of the project? What is the main argument/thesis/claim?
Describe the specific model(s) or approaches used in the study and/or the types of evidence used in the research.
- Results: Describe the specific data that indicates the results of the project. Other project/study results may discuss the findings in a more general way.
What changes should be implemented because of the findings? How does this work fit in with your future plans? Please remember to include the citation.