What personal characteristics (knowledge, skills, abilities) do you possess that might make these areas a good fit for you?
Read Chapter 8 in your course text and review the subfields listed in Table 8.3. Locate an additional outside source that lists subfields in psychology or a related field that includes one or more subfields not listed in Table 8.3. Cite the additional source according to APA guidelines in your initial post:
- Which three subfields in psychology that most interest you?
- What personal characteristics (knowledge, skills, abilities) do you possess that might make these areas a good fit for you?
- Which three subfields interest you the least?
- If you were challenged with creating a new subfield, what would be the name of your subfield and what would it consist of?
Identify the next step in your academic and/or professional career after graduation. Whether applying to a graduate or professional school or for employment, it is common that applicants are asked to write personal statements. Unfortunately, some applicants have developed habits frowned upon by admissions committees and potential employers (e.g., divulging personal or sensitive information about problems or crises).
- Consider the prompt: Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in a position in our graduate program (or organization).
- Review the advice in section 8.4 in your text and write a two-paragraph answer to the prompt. Your response should be of the quality to be submitted with an actual application.