Ch. 1 Reading, no reflective questions
Ch. 2 Your Story
- When did you ancestors first come to America?
- Or were they already here?
- Why did they come?
- Share your story:
Were you or your parents or grandparents alive when…
- Dams were built on the Salt and Gila Rivers in Arizona in the 1920’s?
- Executive Order 9066 was enacted February 19, 1942?
- Port Chicago experienced a munitions explosion on July 17, 1944?
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 were signed?
- Refugees from the Vietnam War emigrated to the U.S. in the 1970’s and 1980’s?
- Which of these events were experienced by your patients? What impact do you think it had?
Summary: The purpose of the weekly reflective journal exercises is to allow for analysis, synthesis and evaluation of nursing theory using guided questions. Reflection has been referred to as a process that happens internally, privately or in isolation (Hill & Watson, 2011). Also a useful definition of reflection has been referred to as the examination of an issue of concern, as a consequence of experience, creating clarity and meaning in terms of self, and which results in a change of perspective ( Boyd & Fales, 1983).