The Nurse as Advocate
Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve people’s lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy. There are also differences, although these differences may be more nuanced than obvious.
Write a 5-page brief to answer the following questions. Be sure to use APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.Read the following chapters from your course textbook:(((SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENTS /CHAPTER 76-80)))))
- Taking Action: Nurse, Educator, and Legislator: My Journey to the Delaware Senate
- Taking Action: A Nurse in the Board Room
Answer the below questions:
- Describe what you believe to be the drivers for each of the individuals? What factors led them to become advocates?
- Discuss the challenges that each of them identified in their writings.
- Analyze these drivers and challenges and compare them with your own experience to date as an advocate. In what ways do you believe that you can expand your advocacy skills within the next five years?
- Submit your response in a 5-page Microsoft Word document.
- Cite sources in the APA format on a separate page.