Perspectives from the Field
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
To prepare for this discussion, interview three human services professionals. Ask each one the following questions:
- How do you define human services?
- How do human services professionals view the helping process?
- In what ways to human service professionals promote change in individuals, groups, and larger societies?Using the Capella University Library, find an article that identifies a current problem in the field. Explain how a human service delivery model addresses this problem and provides social care, social control, and rehabilitation services.
In this unit’s studies, you took several self-assessment inventories presented in readings from Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions in order to provide you with a profile of your strengths and weaknesses.
Provide a summary of the self-assessment inventories you completed and answer the following:
- What most surprised you?
- From the client’s perspective, how might your weaknesses interfere with the helping process?
- How will what you learned determine your future professional development needs?