Sean is drunk most of the time he is home. He rarely attends his children’s sporting events or school activities and defaults on most of his responsibilities for helping to care for the home. In spite of the fact that he does not try to participate in these family activities, he tells his wife that he feels guilty about his lack of involvement.
Answer the following:
- Which stage of the Transtheoretical Model of Change do you think Sean is in? Explain your answer.
- Do you believe that Sean feels guilty? Why or why not?
- How would you describe the tension Sean lives with wanting to do something he considers important but feeling he is unable to do it?
- What can Sean’s wife and children do to begin their own process of healing? Should they wait until Sean seeks treatment? Why or why not?Select a stress disorder, anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, or ADHD from the Film List.
Use the Research Analysis to complete this assignment.
Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that discusses research-based interventions to treat psychopathology.
Review and differentiate the characteristics of the selected disorder and discuss the research about intervention strategies for the disorder by completing the following:
- Evaluate three peer reviewed research studies using the Research Analysis.
- Conceptualize the disorder using one of the psychological perspectives listed in the text.
- Discuss the treatments or interventions that have been shown to be the most effective for your selected disorder. Why?
Cite at least five peer-reviewed sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.