Specific example of an alternative or complementary health care practice/providers
What benefits (i.e., health, social, emotional, etc. ,) does this particular alternative/complementary health provider offer to individuals?
Why is it important to have access to this alternative/complementary health care provider?
What impacts (positive or negative) does this alternative/complementary form of health care have for traditional/bio – medical medicine?
What could our health care system and government do to increase access to this alternative/complementary health care provider?
o Provide solid evidence about the different impacts, influences, and importance of the selected group ; this is where you are answering the question from above; be sure to provide at least 2 examples for each required discussion point s
o Include a discussion of why policymakers and academics should have this information
o Additionally, provide 2 suggestions or action initiatives that could be implemented to provide support and/or in crease access to this health information and health resources (i.e., health provider or health social movement)
There are some helpful links on complementary and alternative medicine
1. Novella, S. (n.d.). Overview of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM). Retrieved from http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/special-subjects/…
2. Public Health Agency of Canada. (2008). Complementary and Alternative Health. Retrieved from http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/chn-rcs/cah-acps-eng.ph…
3. Spencer, N. (2016). Health as a Social Movement – but what does that mean? Retrieved from https://www.thersa.org/discover/publications-and-a…
4. Brown, P. & Zavestoski, S. (2004). “Social movements in health: An introduction.” Sociology of Health & Illness, 26(4): 679-694
5. Brown, P., et al., (2004). “Embodied health movements: New approaches to social movements in health.” Sociology of Health & Illness, 26(1): 50-80