As in any nursing specialization, informatics and database design has its own pedagogy and vernacular. Terms such as primary key, relational diagram, or entity integrity might seem unfamiliar at first; however, this Assignment familiarizes you with such terms and develops your informatics skills as you apply database concepts.
- Review the information on relational database models in the course text, Coronel, C. & Morris, S. (2015). Database systems: Design, implementation, and management (11th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning..
- Focus on the key terms listed at the end of Chapter 3.
- Review how to create an entity relationship model.
- Examine the information contained in Figure 3.17.
- Answer questions 17–22 about database design found on pages 110 in the course text, which refer to Figure 3.17 on page 110.
- Use the available templates for your responses.