Advanced 3G systems like LTE and 802.16e (WiMax) use OFDM. So do all potential 4G systems like LTE-Advanced and 802.16m. Even digital video broadcasts are now OFDM. Prior 3G standards, like UMTS and EVDO, predominantly used CDMA.( 3-4 paragraphs)
- Why has this shift occurred?
- Do you feel it is for the better?
- What specific cross-layer optimizations are unique to OFDMA?
- How have these affected this migration?
- Why did standards such as GSM and TDMA flourish before?
- Would a different solution have made better sense?
- ◦What trends do you see?APA format
Different access methods, such as OFDMA, SDMA, TDMA, CDMA, and FDMA, rely on cross-layer optimization to different degrees. The most common cross-layer issues are scheduling modulation type and setting power control. Complete the following for your assignment:
- Describe the advantages of each access method in doing cross-layer optimization correctly.
- What are the costs of doing it poorly? (2-3 pages) APA Format