choose one following topics issue your area
Resource: Gamescape Episodes 1- 5, Environmental Science textbook, and four additional outside resources
Choose from one of the following environmental topics that is an issue in your area.
- Atmospheric Pollution
- Oceanic Resources
- Oceanic Pollution
- Energy Development and Management
- Agricultural/Rangeland Management
- Wildlife Population Management
- Habitat Restoration
- Forest Conservation and Preservation
- Invasive Species Control
- Endangered Species Recovery
- Sustainable Urban Planning
Create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint Presentation. The presentation should provide a detailed description of a sustainability plan for your selected environmental issue. Include the following:
- Introduce your choice. Explain why this issue is important for humans, wildlife and the environment.
- Detailed description of the problem. Present specific details about your selection. This might include a specific habitat, ocean, species, forest, agricultural method, or energy source.
- What are the social, economic, and environmental perspectives regarding your choice?
- Explain how unsustainable human consumption has caused the problem. Describe the effects the problem is creating for people, wildlife, and the environment.
- Present a plan or approach that is currently being used to address this problem, or a similar problem. Is the current strategy effective? Why or why not?
- Your plan to reach sustainability. Consider the sustainability plans presented in the assigned reading, videos and the Gamescape Episodes.
- Explain how your plan includes social, economic, and environmental perspectives.
- Identify the stakeholders in your plan (local community residents, businesses, governmental agencies, non-profit organizations, etc.). What is the role of each of these groups in ensuring that the plan is successful?
- Close by reviewing your plan and explain why you think it will be more successful than current actions.
Include 750 to 1,050 words in your speaker notes.
Include supporting visuals, such as photos, diagrams, and/or graphs.
Include at least four outside sources. Two of the sources must be academic journal articles from the University’s library. If you need assistance with identifying academic journal articles (also known as peer-reviewed articles), review the Finding Peer-Reviewed Articles document.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.