Choose an ethical-legal dilemma that would cause the advanced practice nurse moral distress. The dilemma could be one you have faced in your practice. Write at least the introductory paragraphs for the Unit 4 Assignment. Be specific about the dilemma — something you may have experienced in your practice. Outline the topics that will be discussed in the Unit 4 Assignment using level one APA headings.
Unit 4 assignment:
- Create an ethical legal decision-making dilemma involving an advanced practice nurse in the field of education, informatics, administration, or a nurse practitioner. Apply relevant codes of conduct that apply to the practice of nursing and your chosen field.
- Include one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
- Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
- Describe the legal principles and laws that apply to the ethical dilemma.
- Support the legal issues with prior legal cases or state or federal statutes.
- Analyze the differences between ethical and legal reasoning and apply an ethical-legal reasoning model in the case study to create a basis for a solution to the ethical-legal dilemma.
- List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented.
- Based on the issue you presented and the rules of the law, apply the laws to your case and come up with a conclusion
(It is not necessary to do the unit 4 assignment. This is only for reference.)
For each Discussion Topic:
Initial posts for each discussion topic must also include a minimum of three peer-reviewed citations.Citations must include outside sources. Additionally, comments should also include a citation to support assertions. While the discussion board tool limits the ability to use APA formatting (e.g., hanging indents), posts must include the required elements of an APA in-text citation and list of references.