ISSUES IN PREMARITIAL COUNSELINGISSUES IN PREMARITIAL COUNSELING
M3 ASSIGNMENT 1 DISCUSSION
DISCUSSION: PREGNANCY CONSIDERATIONS
Research shows that women are waiting until they are older to begin having babies compared to previous years. Marsha and Liam married when she turned 33, and started trying to conceive when she was 35. After a year of trying, they have decided to visit a fertility counselor.
· Analyze at least one advantage and one disadvantage of not starting a family until a woman turns 35.
(Note the intellectual, financial, physiological, emotional, and social factors that may contribute to these advantages and disadvantages)
· Name and describe two possible ways the couple may, with or without technical assistance, enhance the possibility of Marsha still conceiving with his sperm and her ovum.
Write your initial response to each part in 3–4 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
M3 ASSIGNMENT 2 SUBMISSION
ASSIGNMENT 2: LASA1: ISSUES IN PREMARITIAL COUNSELING
Steve has asked his girlfriend Nadia to marry him. They dated for a year after meeting in college at a fraternity party. Nadia has been sexually intimate with one other boyfriend, while Steve has had multiple partners. Both are American, but Nadia’s grandparents are originally from Egypt. Despite different religious backgrounds (Steve is Methodist; Nadia was raised as a Muslim) and cultures, they have a lot in common and both sets of parents are very happy about their engagement. As part of their preparation, they have begun premarital counseling. As Steve and Nadia’s counselor, you know that a discussion of sexuality will be important to their marital success.
· Describe the important aspects of sexuality (such as arousal and response, intimacy, contraception, etc.) that Nadia and Steve need to discuss. Remember to consider psychological/emotional as well as physical factors.
· Include a discussion of at least 1 theoretical perspective that you have learned about in this course (e.g., Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love, Masters and Johnson’s work, etc.).
· What risk factors pertaining to health can you infer might be present from the scenario? What can the couple do to minimize these risks?
· How will you show cultural competence during your sessions (i.e., what cultural issues should you consider)?
By the due date assigned, write an essay that is 3-5 pages in length. Also include a cover page and reference list.