Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Review your state’s scope of practice document (or, select a state of your choice, and review its scope of practice document). Discuss the following:
- What is the policy for providing patient information and instructions and then answering the patient’s questions?
- For example, you present a patient with an information sheet with instructions for chemotherapy.
- What type of questions can you ask the patient?
- Is it within your scope of practice to answer questions regarding the chemotherapy treatment?
- What are the consequences of not following the scope of practice?
APA format in text citations no plagerism